All students: remember to go to Google Classroom to get the link to our quizlet.com classes. You’ll be responsible for the vocabulary words that I’ve listed there. ∞
English I Honors students began the grammar portion of the To Kill a Mockingbird unit. We’ll be focusing on phrases: prepositional, participial, gerund, infinitive, and appositive. Today’s focus was prepositional phrases, including an examination how they act as adjectives or adverbs. (See the notes section for a downloadable copy of what we did on the Promethean Board.)
English 8 students had Friday work on Thursday.
- English 8 Studies: continue working on the vocab work on Quizlet (see previous days’ updates for the link).
- English I Honors:
- complete the Romeo and Juliet project, making sure you have an electronic copy on Google Drive for turn-in on Tuesday;
- check that I assessed all of your responses to the Romeo and Juliet discussion forum (linked there);
- continue reading To Kill a Mockingbird, completing chapters 5-8 by next Thursday (February 22);
- continue working on the vocab work on Quizlet (see previous days’ updates for the link);
- complete the prepositional phrase practice by Wednesday (you can work on it over the long weekend if you wish).