Agree or disagree? Students move to one side of the room to show their agreement or disagreement with the following statements. We then talk — often very excitedly — about our choices.
- If you are going to be a good citizen, then you should always do what your government expects you to do.
- If you have limited food and limited space and are trying hard to make sure your family survives, you shouldn’t be expected to take in other people who will make your supplies disappear even faster.
- Some people are simply born evil.
- Hiding people that the government says are criminals is wrong.
- People who do cruel things can still be good people.
- Freedom is a relative thing: people locked in jail or constantly hiding for their lives can be actually rather free.