English 8 students continued working on the importance of praise by analyzing an article for the argument and the audience.
English I Honors students worked on their cutting their given scenes (either 3.2 or 3.3). We’ll be presenting the cut versions tomorrow.
Standards for Today
- RI-6.1 Provide an objective summary of a text with two or more central ideas; cite key supporting details to analyze their development.
- RI-11.1 Analyze the impact of text features and structures on authors’ similar ideas or claims about the same topic.
- RI-11.2 Analyze and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient; recognize when irrelevant evidence is introduced.
- RL-5.1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text; identify multiple supported interpretations.
- RL-6.1 Determine a theme of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text.
- English 8 Studies:
- complete the article, finding 2-3 more pieces of evidence for the implied claim “Employees need praise” we found;
- answer questions 1 and 2 from the same article.
- English I Honors: work on your “Decoration Day” analysis (due Monday).