English I Honors students completed the parts of speech presentations. They’ve now covered all eight parts of speech:
We’ll begin practicing and quizzing on it next week.
They also began planning their third analytic Schaffer model paragraph, this time on “Thank You, Ma’am.”
English 8 students worked through chapter three of Nightjohn. We’re working toward mastery of effective reader’s skills by implementing a modified “It Says/I Say” strategy.
- English 8 Studies: complete today’s work on chapter three.
- English I Honors:
- determine a TS and quotes for a CD from today’s Schaffer planning work;
- determine the part of speech for each of these sentences:
- All people should ask themselves if they are doing the best they can with the talents they have.
- All gave some; some gave all.
- It seems unlikely that anyone could hold their breath for such a very long time, but the world record is over twenty-four minutes.