I introduced the reader’s journal to first and sixth periods, and we finished up the last bit of information about procedures and guidelines. In doing so, I introduced them to SLANTS. We begin the heavy lifting tomorrow.
Second and fourth periods finished up verbs. We’ll breeze through adverbs and the other parts of speech during the week.
- First and sixth: none.
- Second and fourth:
- return to the New York Times article;
- find the following adjectives:
- one adjective that could, in a different context, be a noun;
- one adjective that could, in a different context, be a pronoun;
- one adjective is always an adjective; and
- find the following verbs
- two action verbs;
- one linking verb.